Here are a few safety rules that should be followed when using firearms.
- Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded
- Always make sure the firearms is pointed in a safe direction
- Always keep your finger out of the trigger guard and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Always be aware that safety devices can (and sometimes do) fail. Safety devices are not a substitute for safe handling and common sense.
- Always use ammunition designed for use in your firearms
- Always be sure of your target and what lies beyond your target
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting
- Always refrain from using alcohol or drugs before or while shooting
- Always store firearms unloaded in a locked container and separate from ammunition. Be certain firearms are inaccessible to children and unauthorized adults.