You should also take steps to reduce the chances of your firearms being stolen.
We suggest the following:
- Do not "advertise" that you own guns.
- Instruct your children not to "brag" about your guns to their friends or acquaintances.
- Do not display your guns in plain view.
- Do no display stickers or signs on your house or vehicle which indicate you own guns. The stickers only advertise to burglars that there are guns in the house.
- Do not leave guns in your vehicle where they can be seen.
- Keep a record of all your firearms (please email us to receive a free brochure along with a gun inventory sheet)
- Practice all the basic burglary and theft prevention techniques, such as locking all of your doors and windows.
- Use a high security gun safe or hidden storage area such as a false wall closet.
- Check with your insurance company to make sure your guns are covered under your homeowners policy.