In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, county sheriffs shall obtain information from persons or businesses seeking to become licensed as precious metals dealers. Please follow the link for more information regarding the Purchase and Sale of Precious Metals.
Please review the instructions below before submitting your application with the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office.
- Ensure that both forms, listed in the gray sidebar, have been completed and submitted.
- Every individual must complete a Background Investigation Form. In the case that there are partners, each partner must complete the aforementioned form.
- Additionally, each business location must complete a separate application.
- A $50.00 check of money order made payable to the ALLEGHENY COUNTY SHERIFF, must be included for processing.
- As per Allegheny County Bill No. 9247-15, applicants must also submit a $200.00 check or money order payable to the ALLEGHENY COUNTY TREASURER with their application, as well. Applications will not be processed without this compliance fee.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for application processing.