Criminal Warrants FAQ

I am in immediate danger and need help ASAP.

Please contact 911 or your local law enforcement immediately. Unlike other agencies, the Sheriff’s Office does not have patrolling deputies on duty 24/7. 

I think I have a warrant. Can you confirm?

No. The Sheriff’s Office policy is to provide no information regarding warrant status over the phone. More than likely, if you think you have a warrant, you probably do. The question is what kind of warrant do you have? By coming down to the Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office at the Courthouse, we can ID you and provide a “wants and warrants” check. If you do have a warrant, you will be detained. 

I have a PFA and need to relinquish my weapons within 24 hours. How do I go about doing so?

The best-case scenario is that you contact our evidence custodian, Deputy Joe Cirigliano (412.459.5000) to schedule an appointment. In the case that it is after normal business hours, contact our 24 Hour Warrant Office (412.350.4714) to set up an appointment with a PM deputy. 

I know where a fugitive is. What should I do?

Do not approach or attempt to apprehend said fugitive. Contact 911 or your local law enforcement agency. If no one is in immediate danger, contact the Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division and provide a detailed description of the person and their whereabouts to ACSO personnel. The more details regarding the fugitive’s whereabouts, the safer and easier an apprehension will be. 

I am a law enforcement officer and need warrant information. Who can I speak with?

Upon providing your credentials, a warrant office clerk can help you with your needs. The warrant office can be reached, 24/7, at (412) 350-4714.

It’s been some time since a non-support warrant was issued for the defendant in my Family Division case, can you provide information on your investigation?

Again, we do not provide any information regarding on-going investigations. However, if you have information regarding the defendant’s whereabouts, please contact the 412.350.3204 or submit detailed anonymous tip through our website.

I am required to register with Pennsylvania in accordance with Megan's Law, how do I go about doing so?

There are several avenues to register. If you are near Pittsburgh, you can register at Pittsburgh Municipal Courts, 660 First Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. If you are further away from the City, you can register at any PA State Police Barracks.

I received a card from Sheriff's Office. What should I do?

It is dependent on what color card you received. 

  • If you received a YELLOW card, a Deputy needs to serve you with legal paperwork. The deputy should have listed their name and phone number on the card.
  • If you received a BLUE card, there is a warrant for your arrest due to Family Division. Again, please read the card and contact the number listed. If no Deputy name or number is listed, please contact the Sheriff’s Office Family Division at 412-350-3204.
  • If you received a GREEN card, Deputies are attempting to contact you regarding a magisterial warrant from Pittsburgh Municipal Courts. Please contact them at 412-258-5913.