Evidence FAQ

How do I get my property back?

You must obtain a court order for any property to be returned. 

Do I have to have a background check done before I get my weapons back?

Yes, you must pass a PICS background check before any weapons are returned. 

Can I come down now to get my weapons back?

No, you must schedule an appointment with Renee Wright at (412) 350-4714. 

My friend was arrested two weeks ago, and he had my phone. The Officers took it. How do I get it back?

You should first contact the Police Department involved and talk with the Officers handling the case. 

What if the weapons are not in my name, but I own them, how do I get them back?

You must get a court order stating which weapons you can receive. (you will have to show the Court a bill of sale, receipt or any other written verification that the weapons belong to you, or how you obtained the weapons legally).

How can I dispose of unused or expired medications?

Please contact our Evidence Custodian with Project D.U.M.P. at 412.459.5000 to schedule a pickup.