Criminal Court FAQ


Q: How do I know if I have a warrant?
A: You must come to the Courthouse in-person to the Sheriff’s Office on the Third Floor, Room 317 with your ID and we can let you know. 


Q: How do I get my firearm back from the police/sheriffs?
A: You must go to Room 534 and fill out paperwork to file a motion in Motions Court to get a firearm returned. 


Q: How do I get a license to carry?
A: It depends on the Sheriff's Office policy at the time. The information can be found in the blue marquee at the top of the Firearms page on the Sheriff's Office website.


Q: Where is the Jury Room?
A: Before COVID, it was in Room 318 on the Third Floor of the Criminal Courthouse. During COVID, it is held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. 


Q: Where is Motions Court?
A: Motions Court is usually held in Room 324 with Judge Manning. 


Q: Where is the Witness Room?
A: The Witness Room is in Room 409, 4th Floor on the Grant Street-side of the Courthouse. 


Q: Is there a daycare in the courthouse?
A: Yes, on the 4th Floor located in Room 410 next to the Witness Room is a daycare facility. 


Q: Where can I get a hunting or fishing license?
A: The Treasurer’s Office sells license for hunting, fishing and your pets license. They are located on the First Floor of the Courthouse.


Q: Where do I pay my fines?
A: On the 2nd Floor at the Clerk of Courts Office. 


Q: Where is Formal Arraignment? 
A: Formal Arraignment is in Room 519 of the Courthouse. 


Q: How do I find out where my court case is being held?
A: If you go to Room 519, they can tell you where your case is that day. 


Q: Can I use my phone to record my case?
A: No, phone use or any recording device is strictly prohibited in the courtrooms. 


Q: Can I use my phone in the courthouse?
A: Yes, on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Floors, just not on the 3rd and 5th Floors.


ACSO Footer